Sunday, September 26

Plaza Art Fair = therapy?

I went to the Plaza Art Fair. Nater and I went Saturday night but it started to rain so we retreated to a dry bar for the night. I went by myself because Nater had to go watch the Chiefs win. Wootie Woot! Going by myself to anything with people around is huge for me; since I have high social anxiety. But I had this plan in my head; just go and ask people to take pictures of their amazing artistry. Easy. Simple. I got this... Right?
ANNNDDDD this is when the thoughts came and overtook my cheery demeanor - People will find me annoying and in the way. I am sure they don't want people taking pictures of their work. Maybe I shouldn't even take my camera? - These thoughts went on for awhile but I decided to just go out with my camera anyways. No pressure on talking to anyone though... Baby steps.


You caught me. Sigh. I did get some good pics even if they weren't of any amazing art at the ART FAIR! Sigh.

This dad and his son were pretty cute.

He saw someone else's balloon and was yelling at dad to look up.

It was a smoky scene. My hair smells like smoked meats which I'm hoping will get Nater to snuggle with me tonight. 

I loved this dog. He had a balloon of his very own. Then I noticed something else in this pic. Lets take a closer look, shall we???

Huh. Looks like someone decided to make it a fashion show! 

Yes it is. :)

I saw tons of dogs. They were all enjoying getting lots of attention.

This guy seemed to pose for me which I was very appreciative of. 

This is with the camera sitting in my lap and I just snapped the pic. I quite like how it turned out. Maybe I should do that more often?

This little girl wasn't sure about me. I don't blame her. The crazy part is her parent's were giant! I mean, they were very tall people. Don't believe me?

They are an adorable family; that's for sure. 

The Plaza is such a beautiful and historic part of Kansas City.

I was wondering if this girl has a blog too. Or maybe her boyfriend just likes taking pictures of her?

These dogs were gorgeous and regal. I had to look up their breed

I was sitting in this spot enjoying a Jack Stack pulled pork sandwich and a refreshing Boulevard Wheat and noticed this guy getting a "tattoo". I didn't realize you could get a huge back tat at the art fair. While I pondered this sight I took a nice big drink of my beer and set it back down. As soon as I felt the concrete I let go thinking it had made it to its final destination. WRONG! I had inadvertently set it on the crack between the sidewalk and the curb. Wah Waaahhhh! I yell out "Son of a bitch!" (my Grandpa would have loved that) and shake my head in disappointment. Then I hear in a pint-sized voice "What happened??". I look up to see a 5 or 6 year-old in his mom's arms with a concerned look on his face. I of course mouth a huge "SOR-RY" to the mom but I don't think she cares and I'm suddenly overcome with the fear everyone is looking at me and shaking their heads at the foulmouthed crazy lady. I am sure it would have been different if I was with someone else - to laugh and make fun of the situation - but there wasn't anyone to reassure me so I gave in to stupid an-zziii-ity. Well, I think I can at least give myself an A for effort on going to the fair by myself for awhile. 
Oh, and don't worry I got a pic of the killer tattoo before I walked home...

Awwhhhh.... wwwwhhat is that?

Uhhmmmm.... Kewl?

3 comments:

Kate said...

erm... is that a person's face with mouse ears and a lion's mane? i am confused! the other pics are gorge, as per usual. love you girly, way to get out there!

Kristin said...

by tattoo do you mean sharpie? i mean the tattoo itself is totally awesome.

great pics! if i would've been in kc today i would've gone to the art fair and laughed at you. just sayin...

Ashley said...

Yeah, I am not sure what this lion-man-thing is. I wish I'd of had the ballz to ask him about it.

Sweet Sharpie tattoo dude. Your mom is totally going to think it's real!